Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great side dish to any Thai or Asian meal. If you use the vegetable stock this is a great vegetarian side dish!
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, divided
- 3 3⁄4 cups vegetable stock or 3 3⁄4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat melt butter and add oil.
- Saute the onion for 8 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to coat.
- Add 1/2 cup peanuts, stock, lime juice, and lime zest.
- Bring to a boil and stir to make sure nothing is stuck to the bottom of pot.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Cool until rice is cooked and liquid absorbed, around 20 minuts.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Transfer rice to serving bowl and sprinkle with remaining nuts.
Great recipe! Made this to go with asian braised ribs made in a slow cooker. My husband and kids loved it. Used coconut oil for the oil in the recipe and would do that again - gave the rice a very faint taste of coconut. Will definitely make again.
I made this with brown jasmine rice, and it was delicious! I used 1 cup of brown rice, and probably about half a cup of lime juice. I also added some garlic and ginger.
Loved this. Served it with ginger lime shrimp.