Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This makes an impressive looking pie. A lovely summertime dessert.Prep/cook time does not include the crust.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon shredded lime peel
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream
- 1 baked 10-inch pie shell
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Stir in lime peel and juice.
- Add ice-cream by spoonfuls, stirring until melted.
- Chill in the fridge until mixture mounds.
- Spoon into the baked and cooled pie shell.
- Chill in the fridge until firm.
- Decorate with whipped cream and marachino cherries, if desired.
Excellent pie that is open to adaptations just by changing the jello flavor. I used a frozen pie crust and Healthy Choice ice cream -- with no problems. We didn't use the whipped cream topping as suggested but served it with some remaining vanilla ice cream. Perfect for summer, but I also think this will be wonderful for St. Patrick's Day! Thanks MaeEast for posting this simple-to-make pie recipe.