Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love the citrus flavor of the marinade.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt (I use 1 teaspoon, but I like salty food)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 (4 ounce) catfish fillets
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- lime slice, for garnish
- orange slice, for garnish
- In a bowl or large glass measuring cup, whisk first 8 ingredients together.
- Gradually add olive oil while whisking until well blended.
- Reserve half of marinade and set aside.
- Put catfish in a large heavy duty zip-lock plastic bag.
- Pour remaining marinade into bag; seal and gently shake bag to coat catfish.
- Chill for 15 minutes, turning catfish once.
- Remove catfish from bag and discard bag.
- Prepare grill rack by spraying with cooking spray.
- Place catfish on grill rack over medium-high heat.
- Grill 5 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove to serving platter and drizzle with reserved marinade.
- Garnish with lime and orange slices.
We really enjoyed this marinade. Thanks!