1/1 Photo of Lime-Oncello Spritzers With Mint
Plan ahead for the party if you want to make this. It's from Giada De Laurentiis and sounds really good. Toast anyone?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- ice cube
- 236.59 ml fresh mint leaves
- 236.59 ml club soda
- 1To make limoncello:
- 2Using a vegetable peeler, remove the peel from the limes in long strips (reserve the limes for another use).
- 3Place the lime peels in a 1-quart jar.
- 4Pour the vodka over the peels and screw on the lid.
- 5Steep the lime peels in the vodka for 1 week at room temperature.
- 6Stir the sugar and water in a large saucepan over medium heat until the sugar dissolves, about 5 minutes.
- 7Cool completely, then stir in the vodka mixture.
- 8Strain the liquids into bottles, pressing on the peels to extract as much liquid as possible.
- 9Seal the bottles and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours and up to 1 month.
- 10To make spritzers:
- 11Fill 4 tall glasses halfway with ice.
- 12Add the mint leaves.
- 13Using the handle of a wooden spoon, coarsely crush the mint leaves into the ice.
- 14Pour some limoncello over, and stir to blend.
- 15Add a splash of club soda and serve.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime-Oncello Spritzers With Mint
Serving Size: 1 (2979 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1710.2
- Calories from Fat 7
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 37.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 239.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 205.9 g
- Protein 2.9 g