Recipe by Caffeine +
After trying various different combinations over the past few weeks, I have found this simple soup to be one of the best. I found this to be best served with a soft wholemeal bread roll. Medium rice noodles work best, as they absorb more flavour. Cooking time accounts for the time taken by the chicken to cook.
- rice noodles (medium)
- 150 ml water (approx)
- 1 small chicken breast (cooked)
- 2 -3 tablespoons frozen peas (adjust to suit)
- 1 -2 tablespoon English mustard (yellow)
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground ginger
- chili flakes
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak noodles in hot water to soften. Drain, then set aside with a touch of oil to prevent sticking.
- Bring the water to a simmer and add the peas. They will cook while you get on with the rest.
- Cut cooked chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Different sizes make it more interesting.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken pieces with the Lime juice, cinnamon, ginger and chili flakes, then add these to the water & peas.
- Add the noodles, followed by the mustard, salt & pepper.
- Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Allow the noodles time to absorb the flavours of the mustard and lime before serving.