Caffeine +'s Note:
After trying various different combinations over the past few weeks, I have found this simple soup to be one of the best. I found this to be best served with a soft wholemeal bread roll. Medium rice noodles work best, as they absorb more flavour. Cooking time accounts for the time taken by the chicken to cook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak noodles in hot water to soften. Drain, then set aside with a touch of oil to prevent sticking.
- 2Bring the water to a simmer and add the peas. They will cook while you get on with the rest.
- 3Cut cooked chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Different sizes make it more interesting.
- 4In a small bowl, combine the chicken pieces with the Lime juice, cinnamon, ginger and chili flakes, then add these to the water & peas.
- 5Add the noodles, followed by the mustard, salt & pepper.
- 6Bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Allow the noodles time to absorb the flavours of the mustard and lime before serving.
Browse Our Top Clear Soup Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime & Mustard Chicken Noodle Soup
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 343.2
- Calories from Fat 152
- Total Fat 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 92.8 mg
- Sodium 117.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 34.4 g