Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This work with 3 large lemons instead of the limes.
Make and share this Lime Mousse Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin or in a food processor.Mix the butter with the biscuit crumbs & spread over the base of a 7in spring released cake tin, pressing down well.
- Pare strips of zest from one of the limes & cut into fine shreds. Douse in boiling water, drain & pat dry on kitchen paper.Set aside. Grate the remaining zest from the limes & squeeze the juice.
- Lightly whip the cream & fold in the condensed milk & whisk in the grated lime zest & juice.
- Pour the mixture on top of teh biscuit base. Cover & chill for at least 4 hours or over night till set.
- To serve, remove the mousse cake from the cake tin & scatter with the lime shreds around the edge.