Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs pickling cucumbers
- 3 tablespoons pickling salt
- 1⁄2 cup sliced onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, cored,seeded,and cut into 2 ",long matchsticks
- 1 grated lime, zest of
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh mint leaves
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups distilled white vinegar
- Gently wash cucumbers and thinly slice, discarding a slice from both ends of each cucumber.
- You should have about 8 cups.
- In a large, nonreactive bowl, toss cucumber slices with salt.
- Let stand two to three hours, drain.
- In a large nonreactive bowl, stir together remaining ingredients.
- Pour over cucumbers and stir well.
- Cover and refrigerate eight to 10 hours.
- Pack mixture and syrup in freezer bags or rigid containers and freeze.
- Thaw in refrigerator eight hours before serving.
Wow Dancer these were awesome!! I made them and I didn't have the red bell pepper but still they were like having a fresh mojito. I do grow some of the best spearmint so it took to the recipe well. My coworkers loved them too. Thanks a bunch, I'll be making more next week.
Wow these were great! A kind of Mojito pickle. I followed the recipe exactly the first time. The second I used lemon cucumbers and it was still fabulous. Thanks Dancer, this is a family favorite now.