Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This needs to chill for 1 hour.
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 2 tablespoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream butter and 1/3 cup sugar until fluffy.
- Add the lime juice, zest and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine together flour, cornstarch and salt.
- Add to butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Roll into a log and chill for 1 hour.
- Slice logs into 1/8-inch rounds.
- Place rounds on sheets and bake until golden, 11-15 minutes.
- While still warm, place cookies in bag with the rest of the powdered sugar and toss gently to coat.
- They are tender and may break apart.
these are wonderful! i did one big log so i had big cookies, so easy and so yummy!
Good cookie! I didn't have quite the amount of lime zest but they were still tasty. I almost goofed and left out 1/2 stick of butter, but remembered at the last minute. They were a nice tart cookie. I just sifted powdered sugar on top after baking.
WONDERFUL cookie. My friend and I are going to be making these tomorrow night for a Christmas cookie exchange - but these always are the first to go!! Thank you for posting this recipe.