Recipe by DrGaellon
Tender, crumbly, addictive little cookies. You can sub any other flavorant you like for the lime zest - lemon zest, vanilla bean, chocolate. You really need a stand mixer to get the right texture. Adapted from a recipe by Jenny McCoy at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/9djp7E
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature (2 sticks)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 limes, zest of, finely grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon table salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or Silpat.
- Combine butter, sugar, lime zest and vanilla in stand mixer with paddle attachment. Beat on low until the sugar is incorporated so it doesn't fly all over your kitchen. Increase speed to medium-high and beat 5 minutes or until very light and fluffy.
- Reduce speed back to low and add flour and salt, a few spoonfuls at a time. When fully incorporated, increase speed to medium-high and beat another 5 minutes.
- Transfer dough to a pastry bag with a round piping tip. Pipe into 1 1/2" rounds, spaced about 1/2" apart. Bake in preheated oven until edges are light golden and cookies are dry to touch, 10-15 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets before serving. Cookies will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two.