just love these refreshing cookies, especially in the summer Sometimes I tint half of the dough light green and fill cookie shooter with green and white dough so cookie spritz is two toned.. It is nice to vary the flavor with lemon and change flavor ingredients accordingly..
- in a bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar till light and fluffy.gradually beat in flour and cornstarch.stir in lime peel and vanilla.
- tint half of the dough green if desired --
- using a cookie press fitted with a ribbon disk, press dough into 12" long strips 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet.cut each strip into 3" pieces.do not seperate pieces.
- bake at 350* for 8-10 minutes or edges are light brown --
- cool for 2 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- to prepare GLAZE:.
- combine glaze ingredients and brush over cooled cookie --
- let stand until set.