Prep 24 hrs
Cook 50 mins
The prep time includes soaking time. Try this for something different!
- Scrub limes and lemons, then cut in halves and remove seeds.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Measure fruits and juices and add equal amount of water.
- Soak for 12 hours.
- Simmer for 20 mins.
- then let stand 12 hours.
- Add 3/4 cup sugar for every cup of fruit/juice.
- Cook the mixture until jellying stage is reached.
- Pour into sterilized jars, leaving 1/4" margin at top and seal with lids.
- Cool on metal rack and store in a dry, cool place.
I'm not sure exactly how to rate this recipe. The marmalade is good, but it took a lot of googling and posting to see how to make it. The recipe calls for 3 times the amount of water to fruit. I went on a 1-1 ratio and am pleased with the results. I would have had 27 cups water to my 9 cups of fruit, and that just wasn't right. The 9 cup of fruit and juice and 9 cups of water resulted in 13 cups of liquid after the first simmering. 13 cups of sugar turned out to be exactly 5 lbs. And, most importantly, this did not produce 3 jelly jars but 12. My neighbours are going to love me.! Sorry I can't give it more, Sharon.
Finished this marmalade this morning. Very bitter. I'm throwing it all in the garbage. Zero stars