Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Great tang from the lime juice. Goes so well with BBQ!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs onions, large
- 2 tablespoons lime peel, grated
- 3⁄4 cup lime juice, fresh
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf, chopped (packed cup)
- Peel and slice onions thinly. Place in non-metal bowl.
- Mix peel, juice, garlic, oil, and pepper to onions. Mix well and chill at least one hour.
- When ready to serve, add cilantro and salt (to taste).
I really liked this one. I reduced the amounts and made a small batch to serve with fish. The salad is quite tangy so serving it with the suggested BBQ would be perfect. I will prepare this one again. Thanks Happy Harry!