Recipe by TXOLDHAM
Found this one in the DMN and I am posting for safe-keeping. This sounds like it would be great for the less tender steaks to cook on the grill or inside in a skillet.
Top Review by lauralie41
DH bought me a 2 1/2 pound eye of round roast that I sliced into 8 pieces. I used one can of beer and doubled the other ingredients except the hot sauce and used the zest of one lime. We did not taste the lime flavor as much as we would have liked to and should have doubled the hot sauce. There was a mild tangy flavor from the beer and the steak was juicy. Made and reviewed for KC's Grilling Tag Game.
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless beef eye round steaks, 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine lime peel, lime juice, beer, garlic and hot sauce in a shallow, non-reactive container or a zip-lock bag.
- Add steaks, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Cook steaks for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Salt and Pepper to taste.