Prep 4 hrs
Cook 8 mins
Found this one in the DMN and I am posting for safe-keeping. This sounds like it would be great for the less tender steaks to cook on the grill or inside in a skillet.
- 1 teaspoon lime peel, grated
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup beer
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless beef eye round steaks, 1-inch thick
- salt and pepper
- Combine lime peel, lime juice, beer, garlic and hot sauce in a shallow, non-reactive container or a zip-lock bag.
- Add steaks, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Cook steaks for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once. Salt and Pepper to taste.
DH bought me a 2 1/2 pound eye of round roast that I sliced into 8 pieces. I used one can of beer and doubled the other ingredients except the hot sauce and used the zest of one lime. We did not taste the lime flavor as much as we would have liked to and should have doubled the hot sauce. There was a mild tangy flavor from the beer and the steak was juicy. Made and reviewed for KC's Grilling Tag Game.
I used top sirloin steaks for this and they were nice and tender. I could taste the beer a bit and I think I would add more lime zest next time because you couldn't taste it very much. It was nice to put everything together last night and just have to grill them tonight for dinner. Made for Kittencal's Grilling Tag Game. Thanks Txoldham! :)