Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
cooking light :) prep time includes marinading
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 (6 ounce) skinless salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- cooking spray
- 4 lime wedges
- Place first 5 ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
- Pour into a large zip-top plastic bag. Add salmon, and seal and marinate in refrigerator 1 hour, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove salmon from bag, discarding marinade.
- Place salmon on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray; broil 8 minutes. Turn, and broil an additional 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with lime wedges.
Very simple, easy, and tasty recipe. Although it wasn't terribly different from other salmon recipes I've got, the addition of the lime was delightful. I pan-fried the salmon since we don't have a working broiler. I think there's a small mistake in the recipe -- step #1 says place the first four ingredients in a blender; don't you mean the first five (including the garlic)? That's how I interpreted it and made it. Thanks for posting this!