Recipe by bratty
Credit goes to Mr. Food on this one, it's from his Southwest cooking cook book. I've made this three times now, and taken it on the boat with friends, it's been a huge hit each time. Kids and adults both enjoy this.
Top Review by Mysterygirl
Excellent! These were really great - I loved the smell of the fresh lime juice and zest and the bars taste so creamy it was almost like a cheesecake. Thanks Brat - I'll be making these again. Now I'm wondering what they'd be like with lemon or orange.
- 2 cups finely crushed pretzels
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 4 teaspoons lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oveen to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9 X 13 baking dish with a aluminum foil, allowing the foil to hang over the sides; coat the sides with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pretzels, sugar and butter.
- Press the mixture firmly over the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the crust becomes firm.
- Remove from the oven and cool slightly, leaving the oven on.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the cooled crust.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is firm.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Pull up the ends of the foil to remove from the pan, and cut into bars.
- NOTE: These freeze really well, but be sure to place them in a tightly covered container.
- Precut into bars before freezing.
- To serve, remove as many as needed and thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes.