Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I love mango & lime lemonade...this lovely dish, reminds me of it. A lovely addition to any meal. It's great for cleansing your pallet. This is also good served over lemon, orange or pineapple sherbet. Please note that the chilling time is included in cooking time.
- 2 mangoes, large, peeled, pitted, cut into thin wedges
- 1 lime, big, finely shred 1/4, squeeze juice & reserve
- 1 lemongrass, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sugar, white
- 4 scoops ice cream, coconut or 4 scoops vanilla
- 4 sprigs mint (garnish)
- Place your prepared mango in a serving dish.
- In a pot add the lime juice, lemongrass and sugar.
- Heat gently, no boiling until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Do not use juice until it is completely cooled.
- Strain the juice and pour over the mango wedges.
- Sprinkle with the lime rind, cover, chill for at least 3 hours.
- Serve in small bowls with a scoop of ice cream or sherbert and garnish with the sprigs of mint.
Wonderful mango dish! Loved the taste of it all, even though I did leave off the mint garnish! This is the kind of special, light dessert that I look forward to springing on dinner guest sometime! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup tag]