Recipe by Baby Kato
Once you have made your own sherbet you will never buy from the store again. It is so easy and the flavor is incredible. You will receive such accolades for this dish. It makes the best smoothies. I can't wait for the summer to enjoy this treat again. Please note that the cooking time is freezing time.
Top Review by ForeverMama
OH HAPPY DAY! This is so delightful and Baby Kato isn't kidding when she says that the berries will bring this sherbet over the top. I used blueberries, black raspberries and strawberries. The lime zest and juice in this recipe adds to the great taste. It DEFINITELY is way better than store bought and I'm for sure making this again, and again. It's even great on its own as a smoothie before the freezing process. Thank you Baby Kato for sharing another success!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, superfine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 limes, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream, sweet
- 2 mangoes, ripe, large, peeled and pitted, coarsely chopped
- 2⁄3 cup lime juice, fresh squeezed is best
- 1 cup mixed berry (blueberries,strawberries, raspberries, garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small pan, gently heat the sugar, water and lime rind, until the sugar dissolves about 3 minutes.
- Boil rapidly for 2 minutes, then remove from heat and strain into a bowl.
- Let cool and add the coconut cream, set aside until needed.
- Add the lime juice and chopped mango into a food processor and puree till it is smooth.
- Add the cooled coconut cream mixture into the mango puree, making sure to mix well.
- Pour into a large, freezerproof container and freeze for 1 hour, until slushy in texture.
- Remove the container from the freezer and with an electric mixer break up the ice cystals.
- Then put back in freezer for another hour, remove and again break up with the mixer making sure that the it is smooth.
- Cover the container and place back in the freezer and leave until very firm, about 4 hours.
- To serve, remove the sherbet from the freezer and let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
- This is wonderful on its own, but it is put over the top with the addition of fresh, strawberries, blueberries or raspberries.