Prep 1 hr 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Here's another marinated steaks-on-the-grill recipe - gotta use those grilling recipes while it's warm!
- 4 mahi mahi fillets
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons scallions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Combine wine, scallions, garlic, juice, brown sugar, and salt.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Marinate steaks for 60 minutes.
- Grill or broil steaks, brushing with marinade.
This was a very good recipe. I think perhaps I will add a chopped jalapeno or something to the marinade next time as the flavor was a little subtle for me.
Like another reviewer here, I was surprised by how little flavor this had given the very flavorful ingredients in the marinade. I think that it might be better with white wine instead of red. The red overpowered all of the other ingredients and it was the only flavor discernible in the fish.
This was really good. Like some others, I doubled the garlic. Other than that I made it just like the recipe. I was a little uncertain about the red wine--thought maybe it should be white, but this turned out great. So easy. Thanks for sharing.