1/4 Photos of Lime Jelly
This lime jelly is sweet with bursting lime flavor. I only make this when I can get the limes on sale. Don't use too much food coloring as it will look artificially green. Found this recipe on-line.
My Private Note
half pi ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grate the peel of 5 of the limes; set aside.
- 2Squeeze enough juice from 6 to 8 of the limes to measure 3/4 cup; pour juice into medium bowl.
- 3Add lime peel and water; mix well. Place three layers of damp cheesecloth over a medium bowl. Pour juice mixture into cheesecloth. Tie it closed and let drip into bowl until dripping stops, about 10-15 minutes. Press gently. Measure exactly 2-1/2 cups prepared juice into a 6-quart pan.
- 4Stir sugar into the juice in the pan.
- 5Add food coloring if desired.
- 6Bring mixture to full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- 7Stir in pectin. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute.
- 8Skim off any foam.
- 9Ladle into jars, seal and process 8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Jellies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Jellies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Jelly
Serving Size: 1 (1906 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.3
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 170.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 161.7 g
- Protein 0.5 g