This lime jelly is sweet with bursting lime flavor. I only make this when I can get the limes on sale. Don't use too much food coloring as it will look artificially green. Found this recipe on-line.
- Grate the peel of 5 of the limes; set aside.
- Squeeze enough juice from 6 to 8 of the limes to measure 3/4 cup; pour juice into medium bowl.
- Add lime peel and water; mix well. Place three layers of damp cheesecloth over a medium bowl. Pour juice mixture into cheesecloth. Tie it closed and let drip into bowl until dripping stops, about 10-15 minutes. Press gently. Measure exactly 2-1/2 cups prepared juice into a 6-quart pan.
- Stir sugar into the juice in the pan.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Bring mixture to full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in pectin. Return to full rolling boil and boil exactly 1 minute.
- Skim off any foam.
- Ladle into jars, seal and process 8 minutes.