Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a favorite of our family and at one point we actually lost the recipe, we hunted the entire internet and we were not able to find exactly this one. The recipe reappeared and now I am posting it here so it is never lost again. It's light and fresh and a huge hit with the younger set.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cups diced apples (Granny Smith are best)
- 1⁄2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup miniature marshmallow
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 cup whipping cream
- Dissolve jello in boiling water, then stir in cold water, refrigerate until partially set.
- Add apples, celery, marshmallows, and mayonnaise to jello.
- Whip the cream until firm and fold into the jello mixture.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Time includes time for jello to set.