Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A favorite summertime (or anytime) jello salad of ours. Very refreshing. Great served as an accompaniment to a barbecue or a brunch.
- 1 (6 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- cold water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, drained but save juice
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine jello and hot water; stir until jello is dissolved.
- Add enough cold water to pineapple juice to equal ½ cup and stir into the jello. Chill until partially set; then whip with a mixer. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese. Add pineapple, beating briefly.
- Fold in Cool whip and nuts – then combine with the jello mixture and chill until firm.
This is a must try recipe. I used sugar free jello and light cream cheese and it was great. Thanks for sharing.
This sounds absolutely wonderful! I make something similar to this but like your version! Thank you so much for posting. :)