Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Congealed salads have long been a part of our family's holidays. This one was served first at my husband's parents' holiday table. It was such a hit with everyone, that it became the standard for our gatherings and continues today. So simple, my husband's aunt had given it to them and yet I found a way to simplify it more by using the blender. This is good even using the sugarfree Jello and lite cream cheese, etc. We love it and have even been known to have it for dessert or....breakfast!!!
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, broken
- Dissolve Jello in 1 Cup hot water.
- Break up cheese in hot Jello.
- Pour the cheese and Jello mixture into blender, blending until smooth.
- Add 1 1/2 Cups cold water, blend til smooth.
- Pour into 8" square Pyrex dish.
- Then add un-drained crushed pineapple.
- Add pecans.
- Cover with plastic wrap while chilling in the refrigerator.
I did all the water together, hot. Then added jello and cream cheese to hot water and blended with a whisk. I added the pineapple and juice to the hot blend mixture and refrigerated. I didn't add nut because me son doesn't like them. I used lite cream cheese and sugar free jello and pineapple. So good, so easy!
I have made this Jello Salad, often. However, instead of Pineapple I added cut canned pears and saved some of pear juicve and used some of this for my liquids for my jello. Also, I used walnuts, instead of pecans. I have used strawberry jello and used frozen strawberries and walnuts, as well. They were all a hit with my family everytime that I made this salad. Thank you for the recipe. It brings back fond memories now, since my children are grown.