Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Posted in request for this recipe; the recipe is originally from a friend of my grandmother McElderry. An old recipe, the original called for use of ice cube trays (the ones w/ the metal insert for the cubes) to make this. It's a long-time family favorite and wonderful in the summer... so light and cool! (The can sizes are a guess; I have neither in the house right now to check. Both are given in the recipe as the "large" size.)
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 lemons, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 (10 ounce) canof cold evaporated milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 graham cracker pie crusts
- Dissolve jello in boiling water; add sugar and let cool.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Beat cold evaporated milk til fluffy; fold in jello mixture and drained crushed pineapple.
- Pour into prepared graham cracker crusts (I use store-bought ones these days).
- Chill til firm.