Recipe by johnste
Cool, creamy, sweet and with texture from the nuts and pineapple.
Top Review by Mountainbaby
I was so happy to come across this recipe. I loved this salad as a child and teen and still love it today. We didn't always use the nuts and sometimes replaced the the whipping cream with Dream Whip. Thanks for posting. I'd almost forgotten about this wonderful treat.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 12 -15 large marshmallows or 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- Add water if needed to make 1 1/2 cups juice.
- Put juice in saucepan and boil for 1 minute.
- Add marshmallows and melt while stirring.
- Add lime Jello and dissolve completely.
- Let cool until thickens.
- Add crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, nuts and whipped cream and stir.
- Refrigerator 1-2 hours until set.