Prep 3 hrs
Cook 15 mins
Cool, creamy, sweet and with texture from the nuts and pineapple.
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 12 -15 large marshmallows or 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Drain pineapple, saving juice.
- Add water if needed to make 1 1/2 cups juice.
- Put juice in saucepan and boil for 1 minute.
- Add marshmallows and melt while stirring.
- Add lime Jello and dissolve completely.
- Let cool until thickens.
- Add crushed pineapple, cottage cheese, nuts and whipped cream and stir.
- Refrigerator 1-2 hours until set.
I was so happy to come across this recipe. I loved this salad as a child and teen and still love it today. We didn't always use the nuts and sometimes replaced the the whipping cream with Dream Whip. Thanks for posting. I'd almost forgotten about this wonderful treat.
Yep! This is the one I`ve been looking for. I haven`t made it for a long time & couldn`t find my original recipe. I`d had it for many years. I whip the jello/marshmallow mixture when the jello is almost set. It`s very good! Thanks for posting this recipe.
the recipe I have used for years did not call for melted marshmallows. I saw your recipe and decided to try it. Liked it a lot better than the one I have been making. Thanks