Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
A good old standby and another way to get kids to eat some vegetables. Besides, it always looks good on the table especially when the center is filled with green seedless grapes.
- 85 g package lime Jell-O gelatin (jelly crystals)
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml chopped canned pineapple ring
- 118.29 ml grated carrot
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 59.14 ml finely chopped pecans (optional) or 59.14 ml walnuts (optional)
- 236.59 ml boiling water
- Using a large bowl completely dissolve Jello in the boiling water.
- Mix in sour cream and whisk until there are no lumps.
- Stir in pineapple, carrots, celery and nuts.
- Pour into a ring Jello mould.
- Place in refrigerator and chill for at least three hours.
- When ready to serve unmould Jello by dipping the bottom in very hot water for a few moments, place a plate over the top and turn upside down.
Yummy and a great way to get some nutrition! I made some healthy tweaks to this by using fat-free sugar-free lime jello, and non-fat sour cream. I also left out the nuts. Subbing cucumbers for the celery works well too! Thanks!! [Photo uploaded with comment]