Recipe by Enduring Gastronomy
Tangy, mildly spicy and tender. Eating Well (June/July 2005). Makes good tacos with Mexican Coleslaw or Mango-Radish Salsa.
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice (1 to 2 limes)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, fat trimmed and tenders removed
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass measuring cup, whisk lime juice, oil, vinegar, cumin, and salt. Stir in jalapeno.
- Place chicken in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over it.
- Cover for at least 1 hour or overnight, turning once.
- Preheat grill to high heat and oil the grill rack.
- Grill the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the middle, depending on thickness, 3 to 4 minutes or longer per side.
- Let cool slightly.
- Slice thinly crosswise.
- Serve warm or chilled.