1/3 Photos of Lime Infused Atlantic Salmon With Asian Salad
Darren Silverman's Note:
This recipe is light and healthy and because of its sweetness, is a lovely meal that will not only suit lovers of fish but also people who are just learning to enjoy fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 atlantic salmon fillets
- 50 g rocket
- 100 g bean sprouts
- 1/2 red onion, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 50 g sugar snap peas
- sesame seeds
for the marinade
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon coarse grain mustard
- 1/2 lime, juice of
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime-infused oil (if you don't have lime infused oil, olive oil with lime zest works well)
for the salad dressing
- 1Combine all marinade ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- 2Place salmon fillets in a shallow dish and cover with marinade.
- 3Rub the marinade gently on to the salmon and allow to rest while preparing the salad (5-10 minutes is more than enough time for the flavours to infuse).
- 4Combine salad ingredients (except sesame seeds) in a large bowl and then place on to the serving plates.
- 5Combine all ingredients for the dressing. Sesame oil can be quite powerful so if the taste is too strong, counter with more honey and lime juice.
- 6Drizzle dressing onto the salad and then sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- 7Place salmon fillets top-side down in a hot non-stick pan. Reduce to a medium heat and cook each side for 3-4 minutes depending on the thickness, turning only once. Salmon is best served rare to medium-rare.
- 8Place Atlantic Salmon with side salad and serve.
Browse Our Top Free Of... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Infused Atlantic Salmon With Asian Salad
Serving Size: 1 (525 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 588.0
- Calories from Fat 225
- Total Fat 25.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 165.3 mg
- Sodium 229.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 67.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coarse grain mustard