Recipe by Mustang Sally 54269
This is a fun & tasty treat to serve at parties. I found this on another web site when I was looking for jello shooters for our Hawaiian ethnic party. It didn't say what size of jello pkgs to use, I used small ones & for coconut milk I estimated @ 13 oz. I liked these because they weren't quite as sweet as other jello shooters & smooth tasting with the coconut milk.
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 2 (3 ounce) packages lime Jell-O gelatin
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 (13 ounce) can coconut milk (or juice)
- 2 cups coconut rum
- 2 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup whipping cream (in a spray can)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to the boil & remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine the 3 Jello packages. Slowly add the hot water, then the coconut milk/juice & lime juice. (You put the lime in the coconut & mix it all together). Wait 3 - 4 mins & then stir in the rum.
- Pour into individual serving sized or plastic shot glasses & chill.
- Spray shots with whipping cream, if preferred, before serving.