I love macaroons. These have all the flavor and are lighter.
Make and share this Lime in De Coconut Macaroons recipe from Food.com.
- Place racks in upper and lower thirds of oven; preheat to 325°F
- Whisk egg whites and sugar in a large bowl just until frothy.
- Whisk in lime zest and salt. Add coconut and fold to coat.
- Drop heaping tablespoonfuls of coconut mixture onto 2 silpat lined baking sheets.
- Bake, rotating pans halfway through from top to bottom and back to front, until golden brown, 18-22 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheets.