Prep 3 hrs 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From "365 Ways to Cook Chicken." The marinade on this is very sweet, but good. You can also substitute boneless skinless breasts for the whole chicken
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Sprinkle cinnamon over chicken and arrange in a 12 x 8 x 2-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken pieces. Cover and marinate in refrigerator at least 3 hours, turning pieces occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake 50 minutes, basting frequently with pan juices.