Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
A simple Chicken & rice recipe from Uncle Ben's Marinating time is 30 minutes not included in prep time.
- 1 (6 ounce) package Uncle Ben's converted brand rice, natural select garlic & butter rice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 whole lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 3 green onions, cut into pieces
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce, lime juice & zest, cilantro and ginger for 30 minutes.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Heat 2 tablespoons sesame oil in saute pan over medium-high heat and cook chicken.
- Remove chicken and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and saute red pepper and green onions.
- Serve Chicken with Rice, top Chicken with pepper and onions.
We thought this was bland.
Another great recipe from Barb Gertz! DH raved about it, and he isn't very vocal about his food. The recipe was easy and sooo delicious! I used green pepper and just a plain sweet onion, because that's what I had on hand. I will be making this again often, Barb, and plan on using it for grilling season this summer. Thanks for sharing this recipe.
This was good. I wasn't sure when to add the zest so added it to the marinade. I made the rice and spread it on a serving dish, topped it with the cooked chicken and dumped the vegetables over. Oh, I used broccoli instead of red bell pepper, per my family's preferences. The gang liked it and said make it again! Thanks Barb!