Recipe by Sandi (From CA)
I've been looking forEVER for an herby-lime dressing that rivals Avanti Cafe in Pasadena and this may be it. I haven't tried it yet, but am plopping it down here for safe-keeping.
Top Review by KitchenCoquette
This worked well over a spinach salad, it was strong and acidic enough to keep the raw spinach from tasting bitter. It has a very strong taste, and is highly tangy, so use sparingly! I think that next time I'll increase the mint just a smidgen. I blended everything together in a mini food processor and stuck it in the fridge until the other dishes were ready. Not a 5 really, but definitely a 4 (which is pretty good for a salad dressing).
- 1 tablespoon chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped marjoram or 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro (Did you know that some people have a gene that makes cilantro taste like soap to them?) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (optional)
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt