Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe came from the August 2006 issue of Simple and Delicious. Instead of dried herbs I used fresh. I also used chicken breasts instead of a whole chicken. Quick, easy and very good.
- 1 cup lime juice
- 2⁄3 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 -4 lbs chicken breasts
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; mix well.
- Pour over chicken.
- Marinade for 15 minutes or overnight.
- Grill chicken over medium heat for 40-45 minutes or until juices run clear.
I made this recipe for Pick~A~Chef Fall '07 (PAC). We loved this recipe. We added some hickory chips to the fire, the chicken had a great taste!!!