Prep 4 hrs
Cook 20 mins
The best corn fresh off the grill with a real kick! Cut back on the spice if you don't like it this hot. The four hours prep time is just for soaking the corn. You must soak the corn so that the husks don't catch fire!
- 6 ears corn, in husks
- 6 teaspoons lime peel
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 limes
- 2 jalapenos
- Peel back husks. Scrub and rinse corn removing silk.
- Place in sink or large pot.
- Cover with water and soak 2-4 hours.
- Drain well.
- Peel back husks.
- Mix sea salt and lime peel (use mandolin or grater).
- Rub butter on corn.
- Sprinkle with lime salt.
- Dice jalapenos--seeds and all.
- Sprinkle each ear with jalapenos.
- Wrap up with husks.
- Secure husks with foil.
- Grill 12-15 minutes.
- Remove husks carefully.
- Mix chili powder and remaining butter.
- Add to corn.
- Squeeze lime juice, if desired.
I've never met any corn I didn't like! This was delicious. Really loved the sea salt and lime....such a nice refreshing taste! Made for your win in Football tag! Thanks for sharing!
I liked the flavors that cooked into the corn while in the husk. I never thought adding my ingredients before cooking!! Made for ZWT5 - RRR.
Fabulous grilled corn! Loved the element of heat from the chili powder and jalapenos and the freshness of the lime. Perfect with bbq'd lamb.