Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The next time you want to toss chicken on the barbecue, prepare this lime marinade a few hours in advance for a tantalizing treat. Top it off with a fresh blueberry salsa for extra pizzazz and top-notch health benefits—the tangy fruit is packed with antioxidants and fiber.
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 small red onion, minced
- 1⁄4 cup blueberry puree
- 1⁄4 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaf, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
CHICKEN AND MARINADE
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olives or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- TO make the salsa: In a medium bowl, combine the blueberries, pepper, onion, all-fruit, basil, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- TO make the chicken and marinade: In a medium bowl, whisk together the lime juice, oil, shallots, and pepper. Add the chicken, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 hours.
- COAT the unheated grill rack with cooking spray. Preheat the grill.
- PLACE the chicken on the rack and grill for 10 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 160°F and the juices run clear. Serve with the salsa.