Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Creatively Cooking with Chicken.
Make and share this Lime Grilled Chicken W/Roasted Poblano & Grilled Mango Salsa recipe from Food.com.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless boneless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 poblano peppers
- 1 large mango
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄4 chopped cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- 8 ounces mexican white cheese, coarsely grated (Queso Fersco)
- Butterfly breasts into pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Rub with oil then squeeze on lime juice. Season with ground cumin and salt. Grill on stove top grill pan or outdoor grill 5-6 minutes per side.
- Set aside and keep warm. Roast peppers until blackened on stove top or under broiler, let steam, peel, remove seeds and chop. Slice unpeeled mango and rub cut side with oil. Sprinkle with chili powder.
- Grill cut side down for 3-5 minutes. Let cool and cut into cubes removing peel. Toss grilled pepper and mango with tomato, onion, cilantro and jalapeno. Squeeze lime juice over salsa and mix. Season the salsa to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place grilled chicken in a baking dish and top with salsa and cheese Place under broiler until cheese melts.