1/1 Photo of Lime Grilled Chicken Breast
This recipe came about after months of experimenting, my husband (who usually dislikes boneless, skinless chicken) finally declared it "the one." Delicious and savory chicken breast marinated with garlic, lime and cilantro, grilled to perfection, and served over rice or salad. Healthy with a south-of-the-border flair.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 -6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh garlic (about 4 large cloves)
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno (de-seed if you prefer a milder spice)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1Mix all ingredients except chicken in plastic bag.
- 2Add chicken, marinate in refrigerator 4-8 hours.
- 3Grill or broil approximately 6 minutes per side (or until juices run clear), turning and basting with marinade least twice.
- 4Slice and serve over rice or salad.
- 5Optional: Reserve approximately 1/4c of marinade before adding chicken, and use as salad dressing.
- 6Side note: We love this over a green salad with avocadoes, tomatoes, grated monterrey jack cheese, and fried corn tortilla strips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Grilled Chicken Breast
Serving Size: 1 (120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 308.5
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 721.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 25.5 g