Recipe by curlykcook
A.1. Original Sauce Recipe Contest Entry. Grilled chicken that is kissed with lime juice, and served with slices of grilled polenta and avocado. The star of this dish is my delicious smoky, sweet and spicy Mexican mole sauce that features A.1. Original Sauce.
- 6 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 serrano peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 pasilla chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup A.1. Original Sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce, from jar
- 3⁄4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 24 ounces of pre-cooked polenta
- 1 medium avocado
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate chicken in a medium bowl with lime juice, salt and pepper for 1 hour.
- While chicken is marinating: In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, serrano and pasilla peppers. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add chili powder, cinnamon, oregano and cumin. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add A.1. Original Sauce, tomato sauce and chicken broth to pan. Bring to a boil, and add chocolate chips.
- Stir well and reduce heat to medium-low. Let sauce simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat electric grill on High. Spray with non-stick cooking spray. Add chicken thighs (grill in two batches) and close grill. Grill until chicken is fully cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from grill. Slice polenta crosswise into 8 circles. Place polenta slices on grill. Close grill, and cook until golden and brown grill marks appear, about 8 minutes.
- Plate grilled chicken and polenta slices. Spoon A.1. mole sauce over. Top with slices of avocado.