Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
A fresh alternative to your usual vegetable. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Boil green beans in water until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Drain and run under cold water.
- Toss with lime juice, olive oil and ginger.
- Season to taste.
These were just yummy and a quick and easy way to spruce up green beans. The lime and ginger were such a lovely Asian accent that went will with grilled chicken and brown rice. Have to admit I used a high quality haricot verts for mine but the were quick cooked and crispy. Will ceratinly add this to my repeat list. Thanks!