Recipe by BeachGirl
A delightful, unusual flavor combination that is great for a luncheon or dinner party.This was one of my Mother's favorite salads.
Top Review by Barb G.
Loved the salad, what a good combation of fruit, I'm thinking about adding avacodo to it the next time I made it. The pecans add a nice touch. DH loved it. As you may have guessed the recipe is a keeper. Thank you so much BeachGirl.
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (reserve liquid)
- 16 ounces grapefruit sections, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 6 tablespoons grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray 9x9-inch glass baking dish or 1-1/2 quart mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour reserved fruit juices in measuring cup to make 2/3 cups, adding water if needed to get the correct amount.
- In pan, add sugar and gelatine, stirring to mix.
- Add the 2/3 cup of fruit juice.
- Stir and heat until sugar and gelatin dissolve.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in mayonnaise until well-blended.
- Add drained fruit and nuts.
- Pour into prepared dish or mold.
- Chill several hours or overnight until firmly set.
- Cut into nine squares.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, topping each serving with a little mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.