A delightful, unusual flavor combination that is great for a luncheon or dinner party.This was one of my Mother's favorite salads.
My Private Note
9x9 inc ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple, drained (reserve liquid)
- 16 ounces grapefruit sections, drained (reserve liquid)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime gelatin
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1Spray 9x9-inch glass baking dish or 1-1/2 quart mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- 2Pour reserved fruit juices in measuring cup to make 2/3 cups, adding water if needed to get the correct amount.
- 3In pan, add sugar and gelatine, stirring to mix.
- 4Add the 2/3 cup of fruit juice.
- 5Stir and heat until sugar and gelatin dissolve.
- 6Remove from heat.
- 7Whisk in mayonnaise until well-blended.
- 8Add drained fruit and nuts.
- 9Pour into prepared dish or mold.
- 10Chill several hours or overnight until firmly set.
- 11Cut into nine squares.
- 12Serve on a bed of lettuce, topping each serving with a little mayonnaise.
- 13Sprinkle cheese on top.
Browse Our Top Gelatin Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lime Grapefruit Pineapple Salad
Serving Size: 1 (103 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 219.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 14.5 mg
- Sodium 231.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: