Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A delightful, unusual flavor combination that is great for a luncheon or dinner party.This was one of my Mother's favorite salads.
- Spray 9x9-inch glass baking dish or 1-1/2 quart mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour reserved fruit juices in measuring cup to make 2/3 cups, adding water if needed to get the correct amount.
- In pan, add sugar and gelatine, stirring to mix.
- Add the 2/3 cup of fruit juice.
- Stir and heat until sugar and gelatin dissolve.
- Remove from heat.
- Whisk in mayonnaise until well-blended.
- Add drained fruit and nuts.
- Pour into prepared dish or mold.
- Chill several hours or overnight until firmly set.
- Cut into nine squares.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce, topping each serving with a little mayonnaise.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.