Recipe by Sharon123
This is soooo gooood in the summertime!
Top Review by Mimi Bobeck
Oh yeah...... This is clears the palata and will refresh you more than any other drink. I made this with unflavored sparkling water. I can imagine how this would be just the perfect summer refreshment. This is a keeper!
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lime juice (12-14 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest (1 lime)
- 3 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar with 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in lime juice and zest.
- Pour mixture into a shallow metal cake pan and freeze, crushing and stirring the lumps with a fork every 30 minutes for 2 to 3 hours, or until it has a slushy, granular texture.
- Serve immediately.