Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
It's a round cake iwht a sugar glazed topping and, very easy to cut and, enjoy.
Make and share this Lime Glazed Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons of grated lime zest
- 1⁄3 cup of cold milk
- in a large bowl place , shortening and, sugar,lime juice, lime peel and, blend very well. In another bowl sift flour,salt, baking powder well. place flour mixture into the wet mixture and, milk blend together very well. Then in a small bowl beat egg whites until peaks are stiff. pour whites into batter fold until blended very well. pour batter into a greased 9 inch round cake spongepan.
- bake at 375.