Recipe by Pam-I-Am
This recipe was in a Weight Watcher's meeting booklet. It was a fruit salad recipe, but the key ingredient was this syrup. Really, you could make up any fruit salad combination and toss this in. It really brightens up the flavor of the fruit. A 1/2 cup serving of fruit salad with this syrup is 2 WW points.
Top Review by SnakeyCakes
This syrup really makes fruit salads interesting, and makes me want to eat more fruit. I like it just the way it is but it's very lime-y so a person who doesn't like sour stuff might want to use less lime juice. I double this recipe when I cook it.
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 6 ingredietns in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook 5 minutes, whisking constantly.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Stir in lime and orange zests.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Toss with your favorite mixed fresh fruit and serve.
- 1/2 cup serving is 2 Weight Watchers points.