Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing summer drink
- 1 1⁄2 lbs gingerroot, sliced into 1/2 inch/1 cm slices
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups water
- 6 limes, juice of
- 1 (24 ounce) bottle lime-flavored sparkling water
- Combine ginger root, white sugar and water in a heavy stainless steel pot over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer and chill.
- In an ice filled pitcher combine the ginger syrup, lime juice and sparkling water.
- Stir and serve in chilled glasses.