Recipe by heather in Ont,
This sauce is great on grilled salmon. The ginger adds a robust flavour to the salmon. Cooking time includes 20 minutes of marinating. Recipe source; Tufts University guide to Healthy Living Magazine
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup chopped of fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped scallion
- 1 lb salmon
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk 1/3 yogurt, minced fresh ginger, minced garlic, lime juice, canola oil, honey, salt and pepper to taste.
- Use 2 tbsp of the yogurt mixture to marinate salmon.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint and 1 Tbsp chopped scallion into the remaining yogurt mixture for sauce.
- While salmon marinates, heat grill to medium-high.
- Just before cooking, lightly oil grill rack by rubbing a piece of oil-soaked paper towel over surface (use tongs to hold paper towel).
- Do not spray a hot grill with cooking spray; it could cause an explosion.
- Place salmon pieces skin side up, on grill.
- Close lid and cook for 4 minute.
- Using two metal spatulas, carefully turn salmon pieces over; cook just until opaque in the centre and fish flakes when tested with a fork 4 to 8 minutes longer, depending on thickness.
- Serve the salmon with the sauce and lime wedges.