A light refreshing mixture to serve for breakfast or as a summery dessert. I use Splenda as I cannot digest sugar, but you can use sugar in its place if you wish. I haven't used ginger powder in place of fresh ginger. If you do, let me know the results!
- Combine splenda or sugar with water in a small pan and bring to a quick boil.
- Remove from heat and stir to melt the sugar.
- Cool for 4 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add zest, lime juice and ginger into the sugar mixture.
- Put melon in large bowl and pour sauce over the melon, stirring gently to mix.
- Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.