Recipe by Krsi Sue
A light refreshing mixture to serve for breakfast or as a summery dessert. I use Splenda as I cannot digest sugar, but you can use sugar in its place if you wish. I haven't used ginger powder in place of fresh ginger. If you do, let me know the results!
Top Review by alfajores44
I had a honeydew that wasn't quiet ripe enough to stand alone. This was a great way to give it some zing and sweetness without making it too sophisticated for my toddler's paletes. I used the ginger powder (shook some in, don't know how much) and it think it is perfect.
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular or 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 10 cups honeydew melon, cut in chunks
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine splenda or sugar with water in a small pan and bring to a quick boil.
- Remove from heat and stir to melt the sugar.
- Cool for 4 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Add zest, lime juice and ginger into the sugar mixture.
- Put melon in large bowl and pour sauce over the melon, stirring gently to mix.
- Return to refrigerator until ready to serve.