Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
No, not a jello recipe! This caught my eye in a Garden Club cookbook. It was submitted by Mrs. Tice of Stilwell, Kansas (Johnson C. Green Thumb Gardeners). It makes you think summer!
- 4 tablespoons salad oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 4 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1 cup white grapes
- 1 1⁄2 cups apples, diced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- water chestnut
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, toasted in butter
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 -2 tablespoon pineapple juice
- 1 orange, diced
- Combine salad oil, lime juice and ginger and pour over the chicken in a bowl. Mix well; cover and chill.
- Genltly mix with remaining ingredients and serve on watercress or lettuce leaves.