Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
YUMMMM! THE WHOLE MEAL! I put this together tonight and had to share it! I only have to feed 3 people so adjust your recipe accordingly, simple, but delicious! I make everything with organic ingredients to insure best flavor and the most nutrients!
- 1 lb chicken piece (I used one breast, one drumstick and one wing)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 cup rotini noodles (dry, Spelt)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 4 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen oriental-style vegetables
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- If using boned pieces, boil for 5-7 minutes.
- Place all the breading ingredients into plastic bag and shake chicken in it.
- Brown all sides of chicken in 2 TBS of butter on hot skillet.
- Place in a glass baking dish, cover and bake for 45 minute.
- Meanwhile, caramelize your onions in the 2 TBS of honey and 1 T of olive oil -- stirring constantly. When done, SCRAPE all of mixture into a 2 cup measuring cup.
- Add Limes, ginger, sea salt, garlic, and soy sauce. Add enough water to make 1 1/4 cups.
- Cook Noodles to package directions. after straining and rinsing well, put back in the pan with 1 tsp of melted butter, toss well.
- Get your veggies frying with the teriyaki sauce. The sauce that I used was from Recipe # 15773 (DELICIOUS RECIPE!).
- Stir Well until desired doneness.
- For finishing sauce melt 2 T of butter over med heat and add the 2 T flour. mix well and slowly add the lime mixture stirring vigorously until smooth. Turn heat to high and continue stirring until thick and bubbly.
- Serve the chicken over the noodles and pour sauce over-top.
- Add the veggies and there you have a delicious low-fat homemade meal!