Recipe by Delish
Thic chicken dish is low in calories and fat. The combination of flavors really hits the spot. The homemade salsa is basic but a delicious accompaniment. Plan ahead, it needs to marinate 2-4 hours.
Top Review by N1kita
What a fabulous marinade this is!!!! I had already made another salsa recipe so I didn't actually use that part of this recipe but the marinade alone is worthy of 5 stars. I didn't slice the chicken, just marinated boneless, skinless breast whole for about the same time suggested and barbecue'd them - this is a new favourite at my house:)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups diced fresh plum tomatoes
- 1 cup diced green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a glass bowl, combine lime juice, 3 cloves minced garlic, ginger, red pepper, and salt.
- Cut chicken into 1 inch strips. Add the chicken to marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine the salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade.
- Cook in a large nonstick skillet until no longer pink, about 10 minutes.
- Serve with salsa.