Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Betty Crocker.
Top Review by Ilysse
We enjoyed this. I did not add the rice opting to serve it with coconut rice which I recommend. Nice weeknight meal, easy to put together in the morning and the house smelled so good when we got home. The only reason it isn't getting 5 stars is simply because it wasn't wow-ing, but very very good and I am sure it will be made again. Thanks for posting it. UPDATE: We are on weight watchers now so I needed to make this a little more "core" friendly (no butter). I used 2 1/2 cups of instant brown rice rather than white (the amount of liquid in the pot was perfect). It needed to cook a little longer but it was very good. Everyone loved it. Served it with baby peas for a yummy and easy meal. Oh, and I use the boneless/skinless chicken thighs. They fall apart making it more of a chicken and rice mixture but we like it that way. This time I also used oregano and basil as I didn't have any thyme left. I like the thyme better but the oregano/basil works well with the lime. Thanks again.
- 1 1⁄4 lbs bone-in skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chicken in a 4-quart slow cooker; add in the next 6 ingredients.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8-10 hours; during the last 15 minutes, stir in the rice.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker; place cooked rice on each individual plate.
- Top with chicken; spoon any remaining juices over chicken.